July 3, 2017

As Free as the Ocean

Hello dear friends!
Our June Recipe with Finnabair's Team is here for you to inspire and hopefully put everyone into a summertime-seaside-holiday mood!! 
You can see the rest of the girls created in Prima 's blog post.

June recipe

We picked out a seaside theme, with a little bit of a sentimental feel to it. Our product heroes this month are: Art Stones (all sizes: megaregular and mini) + Impasto Paints (mainly blues palette) = amazing mixed-media!!


I really love the heavy, creamy consistency and the rich colors of the Impasto Paints! I picked some blue shades to create the ocean feel. It's so easy to create textures with the Impasto Paints because of their thick consistency. I just used a paintbrush to apply them to the page and created a beautiful, textured circle in no time! I also used the Snow Whitepaint here and there and the Pitch Black to write the quote with a thin applicator.



The Mega Art Stones are also perfect for all kinds of summer themed projects - they look so real, as if you picked them from the beach. :) I used 3D Gloss Gel to glue them down. Finally, I used the Bubbles Stencil to add more interest to the background. As usual, I primed my page with Modeling Paste and Clear Gesso.


Prima Products: Art Ingredients: Mega Art Stones 964672, Mini Art Stones 963712; Art Alchemy - Impasto Paints: Cobalt 964641, Azure 964634, Jade 964627, Bottle Green 964610, Pitch Black 964528, Snow White 964511, Art Basics: Gesso - Clear 961466, Modeling Paste - 962975, 3D Gloss Gel 961381, Double Sided Texture Brush Set 2 963866, Elementals - 6,5x10,25 Stencil "Bubbles" 961299


Don't forget to visit Prima 's blog post to see what the rest of the Finnabair Team created!
 Have a lovely crafty summer!

xxx
Athanasia

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*