January 8, 2015

Soar high above

Hello everyone!
Today I'm hosting the Lindy's Stamp Gang blog!
 This month we have a super beautiful color pallet with several shades of purple with a little bit of coral, so I wanted to include all these pretty colors on my page.


Most of the times I like to use for my layouts photos I find on the internet and that's what I did this time. I love this photo with all these floating lanterns, it's so beautiful and much our color pallet, too!
In order to create the background I used the January 2015 Limited Edition Spray Set.
I covered some desired spots around the photo with gesso, then I used the purple sprays: I sprayed on a small clear plastic surface (you can find a lot of them in the packages of clear stamps, at least this is what I do) and then I 'stamped' it on the page, so as to create a water color effect.



I really like this effect! As I wanted to keep it simple, I only did some stamping here and there with a floral stamp and that's all for the background. Then I used the Sprays to color the flowers and also to make some splashes around the composition as a final touch.




Well, I can't wait to see your projects for the January Color Challenge!
Thank you for stopping by today, 
have a lovely day!



6 comments :

  1. I really need to learn with you!!! Stunning! Congrats!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Πολύ πολύ όμορφη, Αθανασία! Μπράβο!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Τι υπέροχο αποτέλεσμα που είχε το κολπάκι με το ψεκασμένο πλαστικό !!! Μια απο αυτές τις μέρες θα το δοκιμάσω οπωσδήποτε!! Φοβερή "συνέχεια" της φωτογραφίας με τις λαμπερές πούλιες ... παρα πολύ όμορφα όλα όσα βλέπω γενικά !! Σούπερ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous, gorgeous page....love that background and the colouring is perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*