September 22, 2015

Balloon's journey

Hello dear friends! 

Today I'm hosting the Mixed Media Place.
I had this beautiful photo for a while and couldn't decide what to do with it, until now. I love the black balloon and the darkness of this photo that creates emotions of hope and sadness at the same time. 

For this project I used papers, stickers, stamps and stencil from 7 Dots Studio Soulmates, Yuletide and Lost & Found collections. I also used 2Crafty Chipboard pieces and ColourArte silks and Primary Elements to color the composition. 
First I applied white heavy gesso on the canvas. When it was dry, I used the stencil (by Yuletide collection) with the Celedin and Honey Amber silks. They dry pretty quickly. Then I made some stamps and glued the papers. The background work was done already. 

Next thing to do was to alter the chipboards. I used three shades of LSG embossing powders, blue, grey and black.  After I placed them in composition, I glued the stickers and the rest of the embellishments.

One thing I love to do often in my projects is to use wire in different ways. This time I tied it on a button and rumpled the edges to create a messy look. I really like the effect and dimension it gives at the composition.

I also like to use paper clips even I'm working on a canvas. I think they are so cute to use in any kind of project, don't you think?

As final touches I spread some of the Primary Elements blue shades here and there and sprayed water. It's the most fun thing to do before I finish my project :)
***supplies from Mixed Media Place store

That was all for today! 
Until next time, have a lovely crafty day!

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*