March 19, 2015

Learn how to do it

Hello!
Today we have a new exercise for you at Mixed Media Place :
 ... TYPOGRAPHY ...


We'd like to invite you to create any kind of project in which words & letters play the main role.
Play with different types. Alphabets. Calligraphy.
You may focus on the letters but also words and sentences.
A quote. An affirmative sentence. Or just letter soup.



For my project I used a stencil with the Greek Alphabet, a script stamp and a really cool Pablo Picasso's quote:
 "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it".
 To create the mixed media background I applied first a coat of Light Paste and then I used the stencil with a custom paint made with Light Paste and Fresh Oregano Pigment - I really love this color! Then, I glued some paper pieces here and there, I covered them with a thin coat of White Gesso and stamped with the script stamp. In order to alter the chipboard pieces I used embossing powder with a similar color to the photo. The sprays I used all over the composition have also very similar shade to the color of the photo and I just like that a lot! For some final touches I applied with a paintbrush some Plumeria silk here and there.





Supplies list


So, I can't wait to see your creative typography!
You have time to present your works until April 16th - 'see' you there! 



7 comments :

  1. I love this piece that you have created - it is gorgeous! I have to tell you my favorite little added items were the cluster of safety pins - don't ask me why - but it's awesome. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project!! So many gorgeous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Υπέροχο....Εξαιρετικό κορίτσάκι μου!!!Ξέρει τί παθαίνω...Βλέπω αυτά τα εξαιρετικά πράγματα και μετά σκέφτομαι...Πώς καθάρισε τα χέρια της μετά;;;;Χε χε χε...Έχω κάτι μιστ δεν βγαίνουν με τίποτα...Πέρα απο την πλάκα πολύ δουλειά και για να το φτιάξεις και για να προετοιμάσεις όλα τα υλικά...Δεν είναι μόνο η διακόσμηση που φαίνεται με την πρώτη ματιά!!Μπράβο σου

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What a creative way to follow the challenge, it's really gorgeous....I just love your style...so inspiring xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Πολύ ωραία η τυπογραφική σου έμπνευση Αθανασία !!! Γραμματάκια , χρώματα και υφές (...και μια πολύ σοφή κουβέντα ενδιάμεσα ) σε μια εικόνα !! Σούπερ !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Would love for you to do a video tutorial on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*