February 3, 2015

Bloom in the winter

Hello! Today I'm hosting the Lindy's Stamp Gang blog to share a layout inspired by the February’s Color Challenge. The colors are amazing, I just love this mix of dark and bright colors! This time I decided to make a different color combination than I did with the first project and use the dark green 'Frolic in the Forest Black' with the dark pink 'Bougainvillea Fuchsia'!



I tried to keep it simple and use only a few media, in order to create a contrast between the bright photo and the background. I applied gesso with a flourish mask, and after heating it I sprayed water. Then I let the fun begin: I did a lot of splashing with the Frolic in the Forest Black in order to create this beautiful background - I love the way it looks! 





When I was satisfied with the result, I glued the photo and all the embellishments. Then I used the Bougainvillea Fuchsia to make a few drops around the spots with the flowers and title. 



I could not finish my project without using embossing powders. As I didn't use any chipboard pieces, I decided to spread a little bit of Razzleberry Plum and Obviously Black  here and there on the page, the embellishments and the tittle.






Well, that was all! With only a few steps you can also create a page like this. Pretty easy, don't you think?
I hope I'll see your projects for our  February Color Challenge!

>>>

For my layout I used this amazing sketch from Fairy's Challenge:

>>>

Thank you for stopping by today, have a lovely Sunday!


3 comments :

  1. OMG!!!!
    Just stunning!! Love the way You have done The background!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!!! Congrats!!!! Thanks for sharing my griend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant background!!!!! Great work!!!! Thank you from Fairy`s Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*