July 25, 2017

mini art journal |Go off the grid

Hello everyone!
Today I'm hosting the Finnabair blog with a new page in my super mini art journal
and comes with a VIDEO showing the whole process :)




Here in Greece we are in the middle of the Summertime and I'm really in a relaxed summery 'fishy' bluish mood! ;) You can tell from all my last art journal pages... :)
Today I want to share with you my last art journal page I created with lots of textures, blue shades and doodling.
I had so much fun creating this page, I hope you will enjoy the process in my video below :)

To create an interesting background I glued with the Soft Matte Gel some pieces from the Ephemera Melangepackage and other scraps I had in my stash.
Then I painted the whole surface with a thin coat of Heavy White Gesso as I didn't want to cover the patterns completely.

I used the 3D Gloss Gel to glue the embellishments I wanted to use, like the chipboard pieces, thread and Art Stones.
I also used the Mechanicals Screws and Stars Brads to secure the chipboard gear and the tag with the quote I wrote by hand.
I think they look so cute, especially the tag as thanks to the brad, you can turn it upwords every time you want to read the quote and then you can turn it downwards to store the mini journal.

To create more texture I used the blue shades of the Impasto Paints with the 'Cobblestone' Stencil and one of the Double Sided Texture Brushes.
I simply applied the Impasto Paints with the Silicone Brush and then with the silicone texture tool from the other side of the brush, I created the waves.
You will see how easy and fun this technique is in my video below.

To add some more color and interest, I spread some Mica Powders here and there; I used RustGold and Bluefrom the Mica Powder Set.

Here is my video, I hope you will feel inspired and get into a summer mood just like I did!



***For more inspiration you can visit these blog posts to find more pages of my Mini Journal with VIDEO tutorials :)


click click!
click click!



...


I hope you got inspired by my art journal page and got the summery feeling and my little message written on the tag...


'Sometimes you just need to go off the grid and get your soul right'... Right? ;)

Hugs,

Athanasia


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*